Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another one

I just found out (on FB) that another friend of mine is pregnant. She is 30 weeks! How do you go about not telling people about your pregnancy for 30 weeks? Is that a competition, a new trend? A neighbor announced when she was 20 weeks. Now this at 30. Even after two losses I think I will be telling people earlier. Or maybe it is >because< of the losses. Maybe because I know I would be so incredibly and unbelievably ecstatic when I get to week 15 and everything goes well, I will not be able to wait? Cra* I want to be 30 weeks too!

We are leaving tomorrow. I can't wait. Hopefully the time will pass quickly and we can get to TTC again. I am supposed to ovulate in 5 days or so. We will be in Poland. It would be great if our baby was conceived in Poland! It would make him/her more connected to the "roots". We will have to try really hard! :)

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen her within the last 30 weeks and she hasn't said anything - or had she just not announced it on Facebook before?

    I worked with a woman (sat in the same office with her every day) and she didn't tell anyone she was pregnant until 7 months. And I didn't notice. (This was before I realised I was infertile and my pregnancy-dar wasn't so well honed). She hadn't said anything because she had just come back from a previous maternity leave and felt a bit guilty about getting pregnant so soon, I just though she was taking a while to lose her baby weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get to see this particular friend that much as we re not very close. But we share other friends who she is very close with and I know (from their comments and talking to them) that she didn't say anything.

    Back in Poland I also found out about a former coworker's wife. She is 7 moths pregnant and also didn't tell anyone. Oh well. Maybe one day we will be keeping such secrets too...

    ReplyDelete