Thursday, March 3, 2011

13w4d: Just a boring post

We are doing good, just super busy at work plus I was trying to figure out the vacations plans and convince my sis to come (she was afraid for the $$). And now we are thinking of buying a new(er) second car as the old one is super old and falling apart and we are about to pay another $150 registration on it. We know we will have to replace it before the baby comes (it's a 2-door and absolutely unreliable). The sooner the better so it doesn't suck out any more $$ out of us.

Pregnancy. I am definitely growing although so far it is visible only to me. :) Got some new cute pregnancy clothes finally delivered. They aren't as great as I expected but they are ok. The pants don't have the very stretchy top like the ones from Mother*hood Maternity, so they are still a little big. But they are very comfy. The pregnancy top is def too big and looks funny now; the non-pregnancy (which actually is pregnancy) is really nice, esp with jeans. The skirt/blazer set I haven't tried on yet.

We are trying to slow down with the Doppler and do it every other day (instead of every day). It's super hard though. Yesterday was the day off and I can't wait to get home tonight! And get much more scared this way. We will see how it goes, perhaps will keep the every day until I can feel the movements.

Also, we got our NT combined results. The called and left a message that everything looks good. We will find out the details on our next appointment on the 18th.

We decided not to go to the beach in the summer. It got really hard to coordinate, especially that the one couple who was FOR SURE going to go with us absolutely stopped responding to my emails/voicemail/texts etc. I am super pissed about it. She (I contact her, DH contacts him) was never good in responding but to absolutely ignore emails with "please let us know ASAP" is ridiculous. Plus, I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to drive 7h to a remote area when 32 weeks pregnant. We have decided to change the timing on the original (and pretty darn awesome) house and take my parents there, after the baby is born.

I also figured out a quite clever way to minimize nanny expense for the first few months until the baby goes to daycare. DH and I have every other Friday off as we work the condensed week (9h days). This means one of us is home every Friday. My idea was to take our vacations days one day per week. I.e. I would take all Mondays and DH would take all Wednesdays. This way we would need a nanny only for Tuesdays and Thursdays! Since we have 20 days off per year, we could do it up to 20 weeks (if necessary. We would probably prefer to reserve a week for a real vacation)! DH likes the idea and I am super excited.

I also got an interview for the new job. It's on Tuesday next week. Not sure what to think. I know life would be much easier if I stayed. But on the other hand, we need the $$.

And the last but not least, DH just got certified as PMP (Project Management Professional)! He passed the test this afternoon, five out of six knowledge areas Proficient (the highest) and one knowledge area moderately proficient (middle). I am SUPER proud of him! He studied very hard but got his reward. Now it's my turn...

No comments:

Post a Comment