Friday, March 11, 2011

14w5d: RLS update (and other stuf)

Today is Friday. I got the iron on Wednesday night and took it before bed time. I also took a long bath, put a folded blanket to elevate my feet in bed and soap under the sheets. All this to make sure the RLS will not bother me. And it didn't. I was so very happy! Fell asleep at 11.30 and didn't wake up till 5.30 am, just to pee, have a glass of OJ , a half of banana, and fall right back to sleep. It felt good and I was so rested. So on Thursday night I figured I would follow the same steps and get a great night sleep again. Unfortunately, it didn't work this time. I turned and tossed till 1 am and finally gave up. Got up and went downstairs to play some stupid game on my phone hoping I'd get so tired I'll fall asleep. After 30 min and 4 rounds of the game I was exhausted but still awake. So I decided to take the Benadryl, like the doctor said. I don't know if it was the pill or my body finally giving up but I slept for the rest of the night. I don't know how tonight is going to go and I am a little scared. I have a class till 9 pm tonight so I don't think I'll be doing any yoga. My class starts at 8 am tomorrow and I really wish I am rested for that. Otherwise it's going to be a really long day.

My next doctor's appointment is exactly one week from now. I would love to see the baby and get another pic for my parents but I don't think I'm going to push for another u/s. I just feel so guilty for bothering the baby every night with the Doppler! So I think we will have to wait til the anatomy scan sometimes in April. I though it would be early April but we are planing a "baby moon" in Jamaica for the first week of the month. And then I really need to start studying for my PMP.

I am also glad we are finally changing the clocks this weekend! I can't wait till spring and this is the first sign of it coming! I look forward to coming home from work when it's not dark outside.

We are meeting all our ski trip crew (minus the baby) for brunch on Sunday and I am so looking forward to that. We are doing dim sum and I can't wait. Both DH and I are big lovers of oriental food.

I have been looking at some baby related purchases lately, especially big items, to figure out how much we should put aside. This financial stuff is starting to worry me a bit. We are able to save a bit less than $2000 a month now but I will get only 60% of my paycheck in September (that's maternity leave policy) and our expenses will grow! I need to sit down and make a plan, otherwise I will o bananas.

I guess I should go back to work now. Only 1.5h and then the class. Ugh, I really don't feel like sitting in a classroom till 9 pm tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment