Tuesday, March 29, 2011

17w2d: Pregnant together

I am so super happy, I can't even believe it! One of my best friends, K., is pregnant! She told me just yesterday, a few hours after she POAS. She is due in early December, exactly three months after me. Our husbands are really good friends (that's how me have met) and we go on vacations together etc. And now we are going to be buying baby items together and pushing strollers together! I am so excited!

Now, a bit sadder news. My sis and her boyfriend decided not to come. She has a new job and it will be hard for her to get time off so soon after she started. Plus they don't have much money. This leaves my 17-years old niece to come by herself. I am sure she will be fine but she has never flown and never even been outside the country at all. However, we are pretty lucky, because my friend's mom and niece are flying from Poland around the same time and agreed for my niece to tag along. I am getting her visa docs and invitation ready now and will be buying tickets shortly. I really hope she gets the visa or we will be out of $800.

On the work front. I am not sure if I mentioned before but I have applied for another position (same company, different division) about a month and a half ago. Had a pretty good interview and was very hopeful. I haven't heard any news yet so I called the recruiter about this time last week. She said that I should hear from the hiring manager very soon and that it will be happy news. I assumed that I got the job. Unfortunately no call from the manager came so far. And today I found out that she is out of town on a conference and won't be back until Monday. Ugh. But actually, it's not bad. The later they tell me the longer I have to finish up my projects. I really want at least two weeks at my current position before I leave, and with the vacation plans it may not be easy to accomplish that if we started talking now. So as long as I get the offer, I am not super worried about the delay.

We have also decided to build a new deck (actually, have a new deck built for us, lol). The old one is literally falling apart and will need to be replaced sooner or later. It's never been good, the steps are different height and by now the railing is wiggly. We have such a big and beautiful yard, if we don't do anything with the deck, I will not be able to go there at all in the summer!

We were also thinking more about the smaller adjustments to the house that need to be made before the baby comes. For example, if my parents stay with us for a longer period of time (which is the plan) they will stay in the basement, where our only TV is now. So we would like to instal a TV in our bedroom. We are not getting any cable though and will just watch movies. We also will need to move all the junk from the closet downstairs so that my parents have a place to put their clothes there. Our house is really small and has very limited storage space, so we need to CREATE more storage space. :) We measured the dining room/addition and decided that we will spare two feet by the wall for a large closet. However, this will require removing one of the windows and moving the door, so it is definitely not an easy job. I will be calling a carpenter as soon as I get an official offer for the new job.

I am feeling great these days, can stay up past midnight and eat pretty much anything. I still have the darn RLS but have noticed that rubbing some Vick's on my legs helps in 90% of the cases. I still don't eat any sweets and don't drink any fruit juices except a glass of OJ in the morning. This minimizes it too.

Haven't felt the baby move yet which is making me impatient and sometimes worried. We hear a strong HB every day though, so I am not too freaked. But I can't wait to be able to feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment