Wednesday, March 9, 2011

14w3d: Sleepy...

I can't sleep at night due to the Restless Leg Syndrome. I tried all home remedies, taking baths (sometimes helps), stretching or Yoga (helps for about 15 min), elevating legs, etc. Nothing seems to work over night. I still wake up at least 2 times a night and sometimes stay up for 2-3 hours at the time. I try to stay up until I am so tired, I know I'll fall asleep no matter what Usually it correlates feeling like you are going to throw up from tiredness and it takes about 2 hours. Last night, for example, I went to sleep at 11.15 and woke up about 12.30. DH wasn't really asleep yet so he massaged my legs. It helped for a bit but for some reason I didn't fall asleep during the "window" and had to finally get up after tossing and turning for an hour. I went to the bathroom, sat on the floor, and played games on my iPhone until 3.30. Needless to say, I am a zombie today.

I am planning on getting iron supplement today. I had my acupuncture treatment yesterday and did an hour of Yoga last night, so I thought I would have a peaceful night. Wishful thinking, as it turned out.

Other than that, I think I may have felt a flutter for the first time today. I read and email from a friend from MP board and she said she had been feeling them for a few day now. I concentrated and I swear I felt something! I know it would be a huge coincidence but who knows!

We have been using the Doppler every night. It just makes me so much calmer. It's funny, as sometimes it takes a bit to find the HB, and some other times, I just put the probe on, and there it is! :) I promised DH that I will limit it to once every two days as soon as I start to feel the baby move, as the movement would reassure me. Maybe it will be sooner than I thought!

On the non-baby front. DH didn't get the job. He was pretty down yesterday and felt really bad. I know he was more than qualified for the position, but I also keep in mind that it was his first try to move to management. When he applied, he said himself that he didn't expect to get it. But then somehow it came out that they had a lot of very unqualified candidates so he got his hopes up. And they were crashed yesterday, and in a pretty annoying way, too. He want to get an approval for PMP exam reimbursement from an officer in his division, and the officer said: "BTW, sorry the management position didn't work out for you this time!". DH was super shocked as he was told the day before that they haven't made a decision yet. Deep inside I still have a tiny little bit of hope that the guy didn't know what he was talking about and that DH will get the job after all. I know that there is only about 0.00000001% of chance of this happening, but the hope is still there.

I also had my interview yesterday and it went well. The hiring manager was very positive and said she was very flattered that I wanted to work for her. You don't hear that on every interview, that's for sure. Absolutely no guarantee that I will get the job but I feel positive. They said they should make the decision by the end of the month. I guess it's soon enough. It would be nice to get the extra $$ (should be another $200 or so a paycheck or $500 a month) especially with the baby coming. I checked out the day cares in the area and they range from $1300 (for a home based) to $1700 (for a center) a month! And that's not all, the wait lists are so long, my friend signed up last February and they just called her back that a spot opened up for April, that's 14 months later!! I also looked at nanny rates they are $15/h and up, which is even more. Ugh, all this financial stuff makes me scared sometimes.

We also told DH's parent's last Saturday. We had them over for lunch (grilled and ate outside - a gorgeous day!). We used the trick with ski trip pictures. Poor things, they have never seen an ultrasound photo and had no idea what they were looking at! We had to say that it was their grand-baby. MIL commented later that she thought it was a hand bag with a strange design on it! LOL! "Honey, when Grandma saw you first time, she thought you were a handbag!" LOL! The whole afternoon was very pleasant and they seemed much more excited about it this time around. My suspicion is that MIL had miscarried before, between having BIL and (5 years later) DH, and when we told them the first time around that we were about 6 weeks, they probably were scared that I was going to m/c too, and that's why they didn't show the excitement. Or perhaps they were more shocked last time. DH mentioned to me that sometimes MIL would tell him that we shouldn't wait with having children any longer. They probably thought we were waiting on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment