Thursday, September 22, 2011

Summary

The BF is still a challenge. A different challenge now though. He latches on really nicely now but it still looks like he is not getting enough. He slept very peaceful when we bottle fed him pumped milk. Whenever we rely on the breast, he moves around a lot during sleep and wakes up often. We are still debating whether to switch him to a bottle. The breast is just so convenient! If we do, I would still like to stick to the breast milk, so the pumping becomes a hassle. Plus, they say if you exclusively breast feed for the first 3 weeks or so, the baby is likely to want to nurse in addition to taking the bottle. This would mean that I don't have to pump at night when I go back to work, I can just nurse him. Which would make a big difference.

I do want to breast feed though. For various reasons. The biggest, I think, is to get some kind of control over this whole situation. I feel like stuff has been happening to me lately, and that I have no control over it. Beginning with the lost pregnancies, to the c section, then him getting dehydrated. I feel like I have no grasp on anything and just need to take what's given to me. I don't like this feeling. Maybe I am being a bit out there but that's how I feel.

Parker sleeps 5-6 hours at night and worries us. Since he is not gaining enough, they told us to wake him every 2-3 hours for feeding. We tried the night before last and spent 2.5 hours trying to keep him awake and feed him, and he only ate 1oz! It was horrible didn't make any sense, and I will never do it again. He probably would have waken up on his own by that time and happily drunk the milk.

Parker got used to falling asleep at my breast to the point that even the day we gave him a bottle, he wanted the breast to fall asleep. Tonight it has been difficult for him to fall asleep though. I had a 2 week check up of my incision (everything looks good, btw) and it threw everything off. He was due for eating and I couldn't give him until we came home. So he was awake and hungry longer than usually. Then he would fall asleep during eating but never stayed asleep for long because he was hungry. Ugh. He is asleep now, has been for 2 hours. I'm planning on changing him after 4 h of sleep to see if he wakes up and eats. But if he doesn't, I'm not going to bother him. I guess.

Today Parker's umbilical cord fell off, too. We will probably be giving him a bath tomorrow.

We took Parker for 10 min in front yard and once we ate on a back yard with him sleeping in a bassinet. But no stroller time yet.

As I mentioned, per doctor, my incision is healing well. Although I won't be able to take a bath until Parker is 8 weeks! This sucks as I love taking baths. Also, I am still bleeding. Less than a week ago but still.

All right, this may be the longest post ever so I better finish. :) Just one more thing. I got my parents plane tickets tonight! They are coming in three weeks, on October 12. My dad is staying till the end of October and my mom till second week of December. I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment