Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ups and downs

We are having hard time with feeding. Ever since Park got dehydrated I am paranoid. We went for a check up on Mon and he already re-gained 8 oz. So we are 7 oz short. We were supposed to come again on Wednesday, to check his weight at 2 weeks mark, but Marc and I decided to cancel. We don't want to drag him in a car and expose him to all the viruses and bacterias at the doctor's office. And he hasn't gained all back anyway (he would have had to gain 7 oz in 2 days, which is pretty much impossible). We got a newborn scale (it's coming today) and will weight him ourselves. We may go back on Thu or Fri. Otherwise she would have made us come back on Fri the third time.

I would really like to stick to breast milk, either breast feeding or bottle feeding. It's getting hard though. He obviously isn't (or at least wasn't) getting enough from the breast (as he lost so much weight) so we started supplementing with pumped milk. Now he doesn't like to eat from the breast any more and I am having hard time expressing enough milk using the pump, so at the end, he may be getting even less now than he did breast fed (everyone says babies get out more from the breast than the pumps).

I also got a UTI/kidney infection. The doc says that it's probably stress based. I agree, I haven't had one when I was prego, which is the time you are much more prone to get it, and I got it now. My kidney hurt so badly I could hardly walk on Tue. But it went away as soon as I got my first dose of antibiotic. I am feeling so much better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment