Monday, August 1, 2011

35w1d: Shopping

We finally have (almost) everything purchased. Went to Buy Buy Baby and IKEA yesterday (more about it later) and then I shopped online for another 2h or so. I also did about an hour of additional Amazon shopping today.

Went to IKEA yesterday to pick up a dresser a bookcase. It turned out that the one I originally selected felt too tall once we put the changing pad on it. I am so glad we brought it with us to test! The one we decided to get is a bit nicer, actually, more sophisticated (if there is anything sophisticated about IKEA furniture, lol). We also picked a really cool kids bookcase in the showroom and headed down to the furniture pick up section, and... They were all gone! All dressers we wanted and all bookcases we wanted! We were very disappointed as we got stuck in traffic on the way there and felt like all this wad for nothing. But at least we now know exactly what we want. And I checked the inventory online and they already restocked so I will be picking them up on Friday.

I also got to return a lot of unwanted/double shower items at Buy Buy Baby and, with the 20% off coupon, we got a crib mattress practically for free! As soon as we got home, I put the sheets on it and realized that I forgot the bed skirt (I am not much of a bed skirt person but the crib has drawers under it and without the bed skirt all the inside of drawers is visible). I went online and ordered one; it's coming tomorrow. :)

I also ordered pretty much everything else online and it's supposed to get delivered tomorrow and on Wed. I think we'll be all set with purchases after we get the dresser and the bookcase on Fri. Then we "only" have to put them together, hang the new ceiling fan (that has been sitting in a box for over a month now; hopefully it won't be broken as the return date has probably already passed). Then we need to steam-clean the living room rug before we put it in P's room. We are also still waiting for the glider, which should come sometimes in August. I haven't painted the stripes on the walls yet either, as I need all the furniture to be there first, so I can decide on exact placement. It seemed like we were almost done when I started this post and now I feel like we are still very far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment