Thursday, August 4, 2011

35w4d: When is the baby really "full term"?

I read about a study yesterday that says that baby's brain almost doubles in size between 37 and 39 weeks. Also, statistically, babies have 6% probability of dying when born at 37 weeks as opposed to 3% at 39 weeks. Apparently there are talks about changing the 'full term' from 37 to 39 weeks. One state, I think it is Arizona, just passed a law about no scheduled c-sections until 39 weeks, for that reason. I know that sometimes the early studies are wrong and I probably should to do more research on the subject, but for now, I hope P stays in for at least another 4 weeks!

P's movement pattern has definitely changed over the last few weeks. He doesn't kick as much but he definitely moves around. It's like he rolls over and creates a big wave. The strange thing is that sometimes I don't feel his movement unless I place my hand on my belly or lean against something. Earlier, I used to feel his movements in my belly more then on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment