Monday, August 3, 2009

4 weeks 1 day - Is it true?

Did another cheap test this morning - same result: almost pink line. Got on a bike and went to Rite Aid to get a digital test. Spoke with my parents on the way back, didn't mention anything. Did the digital test as soon as I got back. Marc was already awake. I came out of the bathroom and said that we have about 3 minutes before we find out. Walked back in when the time came. Saw the test... it was positive but I didn't want to give it up. Came back and showed Marc the test with a big fat YES+ on it. "What does it mean?" he asked. "It means YES, I am pregnant!" I said with a huge smile on my face! We could not believe it! We are so happy! After the six months it happened! But we didn't want to tell anyone yet. Now, my challenge is how to not show that I am not drinking.

After a long time on the internet I found out that sometimes home pregnancy tests can show false positive if there is trace of blood in urine. Since my recent UTI I was almost sure this was it. So I wanted to do the blood test ASAP. Since we were not going to be back home until Thursday late night I made appointment with my doctor for Friday. But it's only Monday! How will I survive until Friday?! We got in the car and drove to a health center in OBX. Unfortunately they were not able to do any blood work without doctor's request. And I there wasn't a doctor there who could see me. :( Oh well, I'll have to wait till Friday.

It's Maurice's birthday today. I promised Erin that I would go with her to pick up a cake for him. The plan was to get a cake from "the rest of us". We already purchased a card a day before. Although I was so out of it and thinking only about the thing that's possibly growing inside my belly, I totally dropped the ball and let Erin pay for the cake. :( What a mess!

Ordered a glass of vine with dinner and sipped 2-3 sips. My excuse was that the food was sooooo good and I was already too full to drink it... They bought it!

No comments:

Post a Comment