Saturday, August 8, 2009

4 weeks 6 days - Telling the Parents

On the way to drop of Agnieszka and Dawid to the airport we called my Mom. Dad was away, so unfortunately we couldn't tell them both at the same time. Mom picked up and, luckily, was on the other phone (cell) with Dad at the time. :) I told her that we were on the way to the airport and said that Marc wanted to tell her something. I gave Marc the phone and he said slowly and clearly: "Dzien dobry. Bedziemy mieli dzidziusia." I grabbed the phone back as I wanted to hear her reaction. She was repeating to Dad: "Tadek, Tadek, Marc said >bedziemy mieli dzidziusia!<" she screamed.

Later that night we had dinner with Marc parents. Went to a seafood restaurant with Marc's parents and brother. Sat outside as the inside was really smokey. Unfortunately there was another table full of half-drank people right next to us, which was spoiling the mood. We didn't want to announce the big news just so the other people start laughing
obnoxiously. Waited for about 30 minutes and they left. I don't rememeber how exactly Marc started, but he basically told Mom and Dad that they were going to be Grandparents. They seemed very happy, and not too surprised. :) I think Brian was happy to find out that he was gonna be an uncle too.

No comments:

Post a Comment