Tuesday, January 11, 2011

6w2d: Blah day

Ok, it's a blah day but this is pretty darn exciting: I just found out that someone actually saw my blog (note: "saw", not necessarily "read")! Wow! I am not sure how I feel knowing that there is actually someone who may at some point read this. I mean, I am happy, but is it going to make me shy? What if this person actually knows me? And learns all about my secrets?

Ok, lets stop the paranoia. :) Today I am 6w2d. It's kind of weird saying that because I know that there is a chance, and it's not even that small, that my baby is no longer alive. While I go on a my merry pregnant way completely unaware. Should I pretend that I am not worried, and hope that at one point I will convince myself that there is nothing to worry about? Ugh. I guess for now I will just be happy that I am nauseous, have a crazy heartburn, that my boobs hurt, that I have to wash my hair 3x as often as before, that I am so bloated I don't fit in my pants any more, and that I am so tired I sleep 12 hours a day and when I am not asleep, I can't concentrate anyway. And just FYI, I am not complaining, I am actually happy I have all this to remind me that there is a small tiny little chance that in 8 months, I will actually have a baby.

The second blood work results came back. I was 22433 last Friday. That means the numbers double every 83 h or so. Not great, but according the this website: http://www.ehow.com/how_5611254_interpret-hcg-levels.html and my doctor, not bad either.

Ok, have to take a nap before my boss comes back from a meeting.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for saying hi on my blog and reading along.

    3rd time was a charm for me, and I hope it is for you too. Hooray for symptoms and a little peace of mind. When will you have your first ultrasound?

    And, congratulations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi AL! Thank you for your comment! I have been reading your blog for a LONG time and am so happy your pregnancy is progressing according to plan!

    My first u/s will be this Friday. Only 88 hours to go! :)

    ReplyDelete