Tuesday, January 4, 2011

5w2d: Magic Number

is: 10138. At 5w1d LMP (or 23 dpo) it's a bit high but not molar-high. Another good day (despite a fight with DH). We'll see what MAgic Number Friday brings us.

DH wants to go skiing this weekend and I am not sure (although that's not what the fight was about). I was all for it first but then I saw a picture on my friend's broken leg (already put together and sown in but nevertheless scary) and I started having doubts. Also, the little sheet from the dr's office says in the big letters: "No snow or water skiing." But then I did some research and the most concern is usually being put on the fall. I am a pretty good skier (not great, but pretty good) and I don't usually fall. I haven't had a fall even once at least the last two seasons. Plus, that early (<12 weeks) the baby is all cosied up behind pelvic bone so no fall can really harm it. And I would be staying off the black or even blue if necessary, just green trails for me! My biggest concern is that IF I fall and break a leg (or anything else for that matter) they will have to do an x-ray etc.

10 min later:
So I researched the x-rays during pregnancy and it surprisingly turns out that it's not such a big deal. The amount of radiation used in today's x-ray machines is very small, plus, if they know you are pregnant, they will put an apron on your belly that will protect the fetus.

We are going skiing! :)

As for the symptoms: boobs - can barely touch them. Tired - slept almost 8h and already sleepy around noon. Nauseous when hungry. And bloated, since BEFORE breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment