Thursday, February 17, 2011

11w4d: The doppler adventures - cont.

We listen to the baby ever night now. Right when I walk in the door, I run up the stairs and get the Doppler out. After doing it for a week, I tend to find the HB really quickly, as I know where the baby likes to hang out. :) The HB has been usually between 150 and 160 bpm. Most of the times it's hard to get a consistent reading and the number just goes up and down between those brackets.

Last night though, I found it almost immediately, but I kept loosing it. The HB was a bit higher than the last few days, about 160-165 bpm. I usually wait to hear it for 10-15 seconds constantly and then turn off the Doppler. But yesterday it felt like I heard it for 5 sec and it went away, and I had to move the wand a bit to get it again, and it would move away again. I think the baby was swimming around and having fun in there!

U/S tomorrow; I can't wait to see the baby! I really hope we won't get a bad surprise. When I am so happy, I start to feel that it's too good to be true, and that my happiness has to be crushed. I am always very anxious when I am walking up the stairs to do the Doppler. Tonight I will be super anxious. If we hear the baby tonight, I really think we will see a healthy LO swimming in there tomorrow morning. And I will finally be able to tell my parents and sisters! God, please let this happen!

Now, I also would like to make an update on my symptoms. First of all, it's all much better now.
- M/S doesn't really bother me almost at all, it may pop in here and there when I get hungry, but it is easily neutralized by a snack.
- I still have the "full" feeling in my thought in the evening, which makes me want to lay down on the sofa quietly and not move, as it feels that speaking or moving will cause returning my dinner.
- I am much more energetic during the day and even in the afternoons. I can do stuff like fold the laundry, clean up etc. after work. I can stay up till 11 or so on good days, although it wears out and I crush at 8 once every 2-3 days.
- My boobs are still a size up from where they were but they are not growing any more and they are definitely not as heavy and therefore painful. They still are sensitive to touch though.

Oh! I almost forgot. Yesterday I broke down and made my first maternity purchase. I went to one of those one-day deal websites and saw great looking maternity pants for... $12!! And beautiful tunics (I love tunics) for $14! How could I have passed on that??!! I also got a black skirt and a blazer set that I intend to wear for work with colorful t-shirts under. That was whooping $25. All in all I spent over $100 including one non-maternity shirt that I got "just in case" (ugh, the paranoia). The clothes will not get here for another two weeks though, I hope this will be just in time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment