Wednesday, February 2, 2011

9w3d

I had this idea about documenting how my day looks like in the first trimester. My symptoms seem to be very different throughout a day and I want to write it down, to see if they really are or is it only an illusion. So here we go.

I wake up at 7.05 and hit snooze. At this point I am usually too sleepy to feel anything. I wake up a bit more 10 min later on a second alarm ring. I check the weather and my email on my iPhone, and check my boobs. They usually don't hurt much in the morning but are getting there. At this point I usually feel hungry, and sometimes a little bit nauseous. I get up on the third ring (7.25), brush my teeth, shower, and get dressed. By that time I already feel very tired and am ready to go back to bed. I lay down while I wait for my husband to come out of the shower. Then I go downstairs and get the kitchen straighten up a little before we leave. I have a banana or a bunch of grapes as I am really hungry. This kills the nausea if any. I also have a glass of orange juice and my pro-biotic pill. We leave the house about 8.15. On the way to work I have another banana and a mandarin orange. I have checked my boobs about 17 times by now, they are ok, i.e. nice and sore.

We get to work a bit before 9. I usually get a danish pastry, a croissant, or some yogurt with berries and granola for my second (third?) breakfast. I check my boobs. In the mornings I usually feel ok, not too nauseous, and in good mood (as long as the boobs are sore). I may have another mandarin orange around 11. I get hungry for lunch around noon. I check my boobs and head to Cosi for sandwich or soup/sandwich combination, or something similar. When I am back at work, I check my boobs again, even though I checked them again on the way to Cosi, in Cosi three times, and twice on the way back. I can't concentrate much (I have always been like this right after lunch so it's not pregnancy related) so I browse the web, read the news or my news groups, and keep checking my boobs every 10-15 min. At this point I have to unbutton my pants when I sit as they are very tight (partially from bloating, partially from baby, but mostly from all the food I consumed so far). I feel happy and pregnant.

The tiredness usually starts to hit me about 3-4. I yawn like crazy, even while checking boobs, and now can't concentrate even on the fun stuff any more. Sometimes I will close the door and catch a little cat nap. Sometimes I survive like this till 4, when I get hungry for a snack. After checking my boobs a few more times I have a fruit or two or three. :) Today, for example, I had another mandarin orange, then checked my boobs, and then had a large pear. After I eat, my belly gets super big like I was at least 7 months already, so I have to suck it in when I walk around simultaneously trying to pretend I squeezed my boobs only accidentally while straightening out my shirt. Sometimes I don't have to because my boobs are so sore they hurt while they bounce as I walk. I also start having that nasty feeling that the last piece of food is stuck in my throat. It's not heartburn (at least not at this time of a day); it's feels like I ate too much (duh!). This is accompanied by the second wave of exhaustion, especially if I didn't nap that day. I check my boobs few more times again. It's 5 pm now and they are nice and very sore.

Around 6.15 I am ready to leave. I am so sleepy and can't stop yawning. The only thing I am capable of doing now is checking the darn boobs. I am hungry but with this 'food stuck in my throat' feeling I can't even think of putting anything in my mouth. We leave around 6.30 and I start feeling even yuckier in the car (we drive 3-4 times a week those days). I don't have to check my boobs any more because they hurt when we go over the road imperfections. When we get home, I can barely make it upstairs to change. I am happy taking of my bra as my boobs are VERY sore then. I feel crappy, tired, nauseous, and all I can do is lay down on a couch. I watch DH cook; I don't even talk for the most part. Sometimes I will get a crying spell, just out of a blue, but, thank goodness, they don't last long. I check my boobs just to be sure.

When dinner is ready we usually go downstairs to the basement. Since I don't talk, DH puts on SVU or Lost. It's around 8 pm. I am hungry so I force myself to eat. After I eat, I feel even worse. From time to time I get heartburn in addition to everything else at this time. I usually snooze on the couch for 30 min to an hour before I actually fall asleep. DH wakes me up when he is ready to go to bed, that is around midnight. Half asleep I drag myself upstairs. On better days I make it to the bathroom to brush my teeth and put my retainer on, but sometimes I just crash on the bed and go back to sleep. I didn't mention checking my boobs in this paragraph as I do it in my sleep, so I am not able to assign a time stamp to it.

So there it, a day of a pregnant woman in her first trimester. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment